Tuesday's Tips {Beauty}

11 September 2012

My weekends are for a few things:

Sleep
Food
Pampering
Making To Do Lists

In that order.

I love a good pedicure or facial as much as the next girl. I also like to eat (see #2). So, in order to be able to afford my beloved fajitas and margaritas, I have some little home tricks to incorporate spa-like treatments into my routine. 
Via
  • Whip an egg white in a bowl and apply the froth to your face. Let it harden and rinse off. The protein in the egg will soften and smooth your skin.
  • Pour 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar into a warm cup of water and pour over your scalp in the shower for a clarifying rinse.
  • If ACV is too harsh, try using 1 Tbsp of baking soda mixed into 1 cup of water and pouring small amounts on to your scalp and massaging in. This will gently scrub your roots and scalp, and provides a gentle alkaline base to the usually hard city water in your tap.
  • Baking soda is also great as a natural tooth polisher/whitener. Sprinkle some onto a toothbrush, add toothpaste, and scrub away!
  • Mix together a little lemon juice, olive oil and baking soda and leave the paste on polish stained nails. Voila! Yellow be gone.
  • A great refresher for your skin: Aloe vera gel. Find the all natural, or even better, organic version and slather on when you're feeling dry.
  • Dry shampoo is a lifesaver. My can runs out quicker than I usually expect, so to substitute in a pinch, I use cornstarch or baby powder. Use sparingly to avoid looking like George Washington.
  • Keep your perfume in the fridge. Not only will it last longer, it will be a cool pick me up when you spritz it on.
  • Use a cheap conditioner to shave your legs. It smells great, costs next to nothing per use, and is more moisturizing and can get up under the hair, leaving behind a close shave with a slightly moisturized coating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground