Bell Pepper Stuffing
1/2 Lb Ground Chicken
1/2 Lb Ground Turkey, lean
6 Red Bell Peppers
1 Large Carrot, grated finely
1 Green Bell Pepper, finely diced
1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
4 Lg. Cloves of Garlic, chopped rough
1 Whole Egg
1 Egg Yolk
1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts, chopped
1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp Coarse Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Coarse Black Pepper
1 Can Low Sodium Diced Tomatoes
2 Tsp Sriracha (Thai Hot Sauce)
1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tsp Brown Sugar
2 Cloves Garlic, diced
5 Fresh Peach Slices
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in saucepan and simmer on medium for 20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, mix all stuffing ingredients in large mixing bowl with hands (more fun that way) until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Remove tops from red bell peppers, scraping insides with large spoon to remove seeds and white flesh.
- Pour 4 Tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt in large stoneware or roasting dish that comfortably fits all 6 peppers, then coat outside of bell peppers generously with mixture in bottom of pan.
- Fill bell peppers with stuffing until stuffing mounds just past rim of the bell pepper.
- Bake stuffed peppers for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once in pan to avoid burned sides.
- Returning to sauce, blend sauce to smooth consistency, then simmer sauce for 10 more minutes, stirring gently intermittently. Then let cool.
- When finished, remove peppers from dish and place into individual bowls and top with sauce. Serves 3, or 2 very hungry husbands.