Introducing: The Stud Muffin

18 March 2012

 I am not much of a cook.

My brother sent me this.
Apparently my non love for cooking isn't a mystery.


I can bake, make candy, chocolate dipped fruit, anything sweet really. But I manage to burn pasta. It doesn't add up, but I have very little interest in making elaborate meals, mostly so because I can't fit much of it in my guts.

My husband, on the other hand, loves to cook. He can look into the refrigerator, pull out 5 different items, and make an incredible meal. He is in charge of the menu at our house, and it is a huge burden lifted that he loves meal prep as much as I love, well... shopping. 

His recipes have been very helpful in not only allowing us to eat at home on a budget, but also allowing me to eat healthy and flavorful while losing the weight gained from the dreaded birth control. I wanted him to have a part in this blog, and thought this would be a great way he can share his techniques and recipes with everyone who isn't lucky enough to eat all the yummies he comes up with.






12 comments:

  1. How useful to have a husband who loves to cook! Cute pics!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful! If only he did the cooking AND the clean up, right ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure he was a samurai in a previous life.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is still one. He tried to shave with that knife before I told him it was unsanitary...

      Delete
  3. Aw I love this!! I wish Tiel would cook sometimes or just cook with me.. or even sit at the table and talk to me while I cook haha! We did just get a grill so he has been grilling outside lately :) These photos are really great!

    Happy st. patrick's day. Hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the grill! It is seriously the best way to get them to like cooking. Get him a cast iron skillet, which is like indoor grilling. Micah loves making just about everything in ours!

      Delete
  4. popped over here from Jenni's blog & was scrolling through to see Micah. Crazy! I went to school with Kortney... the blogging world is a small one, isn't it? love your posts... very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny!! It really is a small world, huh? Thanks for checking out the blog!

      Delete
  5. Lucky girl..he cooks! Nice wet stone? Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wetstone was actually my grandfather's, and he sharpened all of his hunting knives on it, so when he passed, he made sure it went to someone who would appreciate it :)

      Delete
  6. Your husband is A CUTIE and HE CAN COOK, also. Neither my husband or I can cook. Well I can put together a simple pasta dish, a salad or a soup but that's about it. Ohh and I CAN'T BAKE either so don't feel too bad. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground