Micah owns our kitchen. He cooks, sometimes cleans, and generally knows where everything is. When it comes to decor, I make that 110% my domain.
Micah desperately wanted one of his hunting trophies in our home. I protested for quite a while, until finally giving in with some conditions. I told him that if we hung antlers in the house, they'd be "Britt-ified." This means "Color, texture and not hunting lodge style". I brainstormed for a while until I came up with something that would fit nicely on our gallery wall and still suit his desire for horns in the house.
I call this: How To Girlify Dead Animal Heads
1 large silk flower
Hot glue gun
1. Strip leather from skull and paint wooden base with preferred color. I picked raspberry.
2. Separate all elements of flower, including stem and accompanying buds
3. Arrange design to find what setup works best for you and covers the skull
4. Wrap greenery around side of skull, using pea sized dots of glue to secure
5. Place flower on skull, then secure with more pea sized glue drops, fully covering the skull.