Promises, Promises

01 October 2012

I consider myself a very giving person. 

I am the one on your porch with my three main men Ben, Jerry and Jack (Daniels) at the first sign of a breakup. You can call me and be guaranteed that I will be in on any painting, running errands, watching pets duty, no questions asked. It's a rare instance when I find myself being stingy or less forthcoming with my assistance, but when it happens, consider me stuck in the mud. Not budging. 

Sometimes this happens when I'm pushed to do something, or if I feel taken advantage of. Or when I have to give up clothes. I know I don't wear things anymore, I know they don't fit, I know. I know. That doesn't make me any less inclined to dispose of them.
 I've received a few emails about the Shop My Closet post, and when I will be putting up a link for some pieces. I have a few in mind and have set up a BISTM page this week. It won't be a lot, but it will be some little or never worn pieces mixed in with some fabulous thrifts that I bought because they were just that... fabulous. Maybe not for me, but for you.

So, please, hold me accountable. Because I know once I hold these pieces, feel the fabric between my fingers and think of all the beautiful pretend memories I have in each piece, they may never make it up and into your closet.

4 comments:

  1. HAhaha I am the SAME exact way about my clothes...

    http://polkadotsandpencilskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its hard to let go (I still have clothes from middle school) but you will feel better after you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way! I just donated two big bags of clothes, but if I SEE something in the bag that is just sitting there, even if its already in my car and packaged away, I take it out! So bad!
    Anyway, loving all the prints in your closet, so pretty!
    Happy October to you!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time getting rid of clothes too. "I know I haven't worn it in 2 years, but I might want to wear it sometime!" Horrible logic, but it's still hard. I just got rid of a bunch of stuff, but I still have more that could go.

    Niki

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground